Friday, January 28, 2011

Joy in Simplicity - #27


Today I want to talk about a must have. Which is kinda funny when so much of this blog series is about simplifying your life and getting rid of things. Today I want to encourage you to have something.... an "Encouragement Box."

What is it? For me it is an old cardboard box that I wrote on with a marker that says Encouragement Box - kinda crazy if you knew how much I love baskets and containers. But it is what it is. For other people it may be a pretty decorated basket with a lid, or a modgepodged box. It is filled with letters, cards, and special notes of encouragement.

Why is it a must have???? Because we all have bad days. We all have those moments in life when we feel like we just aren't making a difference in anyone's life. It is those days that I pull out my box and just pick out a couple letters from people I love that have poured out their love for me through a letter or card.

I cherish that box! Well, I actually cherish the words in the box. Those words help me get through those days!

If you are more of a computer person, you may want to have a special folder on your computer for those special emails of encouragement. Two of my youth ministry friends have two very different names for those files. The one girl calls it her "Smile File" and the guy calls it his "I Suck" File - so opposite but yet for each of them it works - he calls it that because when he is feeling like he sucks he reads that and feel better about himself.

So what are you waiting for - start a box today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat idea! I like it!