Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Joy in Simplicity - #23


Working on catching up with my blog series. I am committed to finishing this series! And hope that I can do some catching up today!

Today I want to challenge you to live your life with a signature of significance! But before I go on I want to give credit where credit is due. I didn't come up with that title or this idea, it is straight from the mouth of Louie Giglio, but more importantly straight from the heart of God.

On Sunday when I was skipping church once again (bedrest) I decided to check out a sermon by Louie and found this one. It was so awesome - I even took notes as I was laying in bed. It's main theme from scripture was the passage in Col. 3 that says - whatever you do, do all in the name of the Lord! (that is a bit of a paraphrase)

The premise of the whole talk was that whatever you do - you should be excellent at it, whether you are a plumber, a dancer, a pastor, a housekeeper, a housewife.... be awesome at it! Because at the end of the day our lives are to point to Jesus Christ. And to quote Louie "excellence always builds a platform for us to share Jesus Christ with the whole world"

Your platform may be cameras and a microphone, it may be a conversation with a client asking you why you choose to integrity over dishonesty, in a world that rarely values the first.

So my challenge to you is to simply be excellent at what God has called you to be! Remember excellence is not an act, it is a habit! Live it!!! Find Joy in it!!

No comments: