Monday, January 10, 2011

Joy in Simplicity - #10


I just realized that this is my 300th post! I am so proud of myself - doing these series has definitely helped me become a better blogger, now I just hope that someone is actually reading them.

One of the cool things that our church is doing this year, is a Verse a month memorizing. I am excited about it because I feel like it is a simple task - only having to do one a month is realistic for me, and we are doing it together as a church.

So today I want to invite you to memorize along with RMC and the Snyder family. This month we are memorizing Galatians 5:13

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

Some tips for memorizing:

1. Write it out five times.
2. Post it on several locations - door, fridge, mirror
3. Memorize it along with others to help you be accountable.
4. Write out the first letter of each word to help you remember the order
5. Say your verse daily before going to bed at night, & when you get up in the AM

No comments: