Sunday, January 02, 2011

Joy In Simplicity - #2


The simple fact is that in order to be walking in a close relationship with our creator - we must be meeting with Him daily! In order to find our identity in Him - we need to know what it means to be His child. In order to walk in the way of the righteous - we need to know what that looks like for our lives.....there is no better way to do that than through reading his word.

I will be the first to admit - I am a failure when it comes to reading consistantly! I need to do better - so today I commit to once again get up - dust myself off - and dive back into my daily scripture reading. How about you - what is your plan for reading your Bible? Here are a couple resources to help you be successful in your bible reading.

For me - I am working through the Chronological Bible - it is helpful to understand what is going on at what time in history - it is broken up in daily readings....I have been doing this for years - and soon I will make it to the New Testiment - I am so excited - I am not starting over until I finish it! Even if it takes me all year - I am going to do it! Check out your local Christian bookstore to find a copy!

If you aren't a reader like my husband - you can get an audio Bible - it comes by Chapter and it is done in a not boring version that has different people talking in a theatrical fashion - Joel is really enjoying this! There is one called Faith Comes By Hearing.

There are several other bible reading schedules available - just google it and I am sure you will find one that works for you. You can even get reading plans through bible apps for your Iphone - at YouVersion.

My best piece of advice is - don't give up - if you miss a day - don't feel like you have failed and start over - just move on to the next day - you may be a week behind at that end - but at least you will be farther along than when you started!

God bless as you seek to find joy in knowing God better through his word in 2011

No comments: