Monday, January 24, 2011

Joy in Simplicity - #21


Well as you can see I am a little behind - but hopefully I will catch up today. It was one of those weekends. But you know - I talked about the importance of rest - so I took myself up on that. Anyway - this was to be Friday's blog so here goes.....

Family Night - when was that last time you had a family night - that means - not leaving the house to taxi your kids to a game, or to a social event. It is not everyone being home but in their own rooms doing their own thing. It is quality time together. You don't even have to leave the house (which saves on money too!)

I have always admired the Stewart family - friends of mine from Clearfield. They would have Stewart Family fun night and they would all stay home and play games and laugh together.... there was always a part of me that wished I was in the Stewart family because it sounded so fun. In fact they still have Family Fun night even though there children are grown! I love the concept and I want that for my family.

When I was in Youth Ministry I would cancel Youth Group once every semester for the soul purpose of Family Night - I encouraged the families to do something together, to build memories.... I am not sure if any of the families actually did that but I sure hope they did. It is of utmost importance!

Here are some fun ideas!

1. Fondue Night - A great tradition of the Dittmar Family - loved that they did that together.

2. Game Night - pick some games that will get you talking and laughing together!

3. Outdoor Adventure - find a place outdoors (this is a summer activity) to go as a family, create memories together.

4. Dinner and a movie - Have each member of the family pick their favorite food and have all of them that night - even if they don't go together.

What are some things you have done as a family - would love to hear you share your ideas!

No comments: