Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Joy in Simplicity - #11


As a woman - I get plagued by worries....and it seems like these last two weeks I have become the queen of worrying. I know that it isn't good, but it just seems to take over my life in different stages.

I can't experience joy or simplicity when my mind is constantly thinking about the "what ifs" - It is like I am trapped and can't break free from those worries.

I want to break free from worrying about things, from fearing that things aren't going to turn out like I want them, I fear the worst in situations (which makes me a nervous passenger) - I have become captive to fear and worry.

Here are some words of encouragement to help you overcome the fears and worries, and live free from those emotional bonds that keep us from living the life of freedom that God created for us to live.

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." - 2 Tim. 1:7

Reminding myself of this scripture helps me to focus on the power that come from Christ and not the fear or worry that I have.

I also use the stop technique - I actually say the word stop out loud to redirect my focus when my mind continues to be plagued by my negative, worry, or fear filled thoughts.

I have also shared my fears with several friends - though it is hard to admit that this is a struggle for me - it is great to know that I have some dear friends in my life that will help to encourage me and pray for me as I become victorious in my mental war with fear.

If you have strategies that help you deal with worry and fear - please share them. Today I am chosing to live a life that is filled with Trust and Freedom and not one of fear! That simply brings me great joy!

No comments: