Sunday, January 06, 2008

Resolution Series #5 and #6

This was actually supposed to be for yesterday, however since I was putting my resolution into practice I was not able to write....Resolution #5 - Celebrate the good days! Yesterday was a good day, I actually felt pretty good, not too tired and not too fatigued, so I went with a bunch of kids from the school skiing! It was so much fun to feel somewhat normal and enjoy time in the great outdoors with my kids. We had so much fun! So I have decided that when I have good days, I am going to celebrate them! Enjoy them, live them up, and go all out just like old times!

So the only problem with the Celebrate the good days, is the day after the celebration! The feel like you got hit by a car day... that leads me to resolution number 6 - Listen to your body! I am getting older (so i have been told by several people) and with that comes slower recovery from activity, but with my MS I have to now plan in recovery time. (yuck!) I just really wanted to hang out with my friend Meg today and see a movie but instead I need to spend some recovery time on the couch because my body is saying - DO NOTHING! So listening to my body is something that I Have had to really learn this year...I am not great at it, but I am getting a little better at planning recovery time. Actually last night, as I was going up the lift, I could feel my body shutting down so I said to the girl next to me, my body is done for the night and this will be my last run, I think she thought I was kidding, but it is amazing how quickly the shut down happens.

So that is it for my weekend of resolutions, celebrate the good days and listen to my body! I think they are both good ones to work on - especially since I am a little stubborn from what I have been told!

2 comments:

Denny and Sue said...

Wise advice. I haven't rollerskated or ridden feisty horses since I turned fifty. I don't think I would fall, but I'd feel it for a loooooooong time if I did.

Blessings! Sue

Ashley said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day of skiing!!