Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Resolution #20, 21, 22

So I guess this whole house sitting thing is keeping me from blogging regularly. In fact I have been so tired this past week that I don't even remember some of my resolutions. Last night before I went to bed I made up three good ones and for the life of me I can't remember what they were. Wow I need to get a better memory!!! Anyway - just to catch up on my resolutions here we go....

Resolution #20 - Since this was a Youth Group night - My resolution is to drop a note or an email to a student each week that has missed Youth Group - letting them know that they were missed and that I hope they will make it the following week. This will be good because it will help me to stay connected with the kids that seem to miss youth group regularly, and encourage them to get involved. I will start this one today!

Resolution #21 - This resolution is made along with my friend Jeanne - we have this little new obsession - it is called Gilmore Girls - we never watched the show when it was on TV - but when I got sick this Fall a family from my church bought me season one and two - I became hooked! Now I am on season three and can't wait to see what happens next. So we are both resolving to watch all seven seasons before the end of the year - this will be a very fun - non-productive resolution - my favorite kind!!!

Resolution #22 - This is for today - I have lots of friends from lots of different places. The bad part about that is that I don't get to see them or talk to them very much, some of that is my fault as I get so involved in my work and my life that I just don't make the time that I need to make to stay in touch. So with that being said I am resolving to stay in better touch with my friends. Each week I will either make a phone call or send an email or a card to one of my long distance friends. I am actually really excited about this one! I really miss my friends!!!!

So there you have it!!! I am caught up on my resolutions, and I would like to update you on my past resolutions. Last night at the basketball game Dr. DiRocco came up to me and thanked me for my letter to him and said that he would keep it in a special file! What a great encouragement! Now that makes me want to write even more letters to people when they exercise random acts of kindness!

I have been doing pretty well on the whole resolution things as a whole! I only have 8 more to make, let me know if you have a suggestion for a resolution, just in case I run out!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sending notes to kids who miss youth group is a wonderful idea! They will LOVE that!