Thursday, January 17, 2008

Resolution #17

WOW - I am at 17 already - where has this month gone! I can't believe it! It has been one of those days...a dog day if you will. I love my baby but sometimes he just finds things to do that just get him in trouble.... for instance, this morning I was getting out of bed and went to the living room to find my dog eating a chunk out of the front of my couch - the worst part is that I must take the blame for this one, I spilled some of Boo's fish flavored medicine on the couch and didn't have time to clean it up properly, and of course that is the part that Tucker ate. Then later we came home from a nice 50 minute walk and as I was doing something I noticed that Tucker was destroying a pillow - this I take no blame for! So it has been a not so good day in that department. And speaking of bad things happening....my water heater is leaking water, my shower is still leaking in the basement and to top it all off - that resolution that I made last night...well I may take that back since today I got my electric bill....301 dollars - oh my - and that is with my heat at 54 degrees - could you imagine what it would be if I actually turned it to 60? It is just crazy!!!

So anyway - I have now vented, and I am ready to make my resolution for the day. I am resolving to buy new furniture for my living room sometime in the next 6 months. I was hoping to wait until the end of the year but I think it is time since I am missing a large chunk of my couch, and my furnature is about 25 years old - it kinda smells and it looks pretty crappy. So the bathroom update is going to have to wait and my new saving project will have to be my furniture. I am thinking dark sage green for the color - does that surprise anyone????

2 comments:

Andi said...

Jana,
Are there anyways to lower your heating bill but turn up the heat? Say putting plastic over windows . . . hanging thicker curtains . . . I just hate to think of you shivering the way through the night . . .
A

Ashley said...

$301? HOLY COW!