Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Resolution #23

I have been thinking about doing this resolution for a while, but after last night I have confirmed that this is a resolution that I am going to do and have some accountability on.

Before I reveal my resolution I want to take a moment to say how much I enjoyed our small group bible study last night. It was our first one of the semester, so it was me and 7 girls from Bucknell. We had dinner together, celebrated an early birthday for Allison (aka Loveeeee) and then we got our spiritual butt kicking from our study. The study is so good! We all love it!

Last night part of the study was the idea of claiming scripture for your life and using the power of God's word to break down the walls in our lives. We all decided that we need to know scripture better. So we have all made a commitment to each other that each week we would pick a verse and memorize it and share it with the group the next week.

So I am resolving to memorize one scripture a week for the year. I am thinking that this is going to be a challenge but I am hoping for some accountability from my girls. My first verse is from Isaiah 61:1,2 and it says this....

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners. To proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengence of our God, to comfort all who mourn."

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a great resolution! How's the memorization going?