Monday, January 28, 2008

Catching Up on the Resolutions

Since I was away all weekend I have gotten a little behind on my blogging and on my resolutions, I don't have one more week of resolutions and then I can just work on actually keeping my 31 resolutions of the year. So without further waiting here are my resolutions for the past few days.

#25 - This one is work related - last year I did an awful job recording my miles for reimbursement, so then at the end of December I was scrambling to remember where I had gone in April - it was a bit stressful, so this year I am resolving to keep a notebook in my car with a mileage log and each time I got somewhere work related then I will have the log right there. Along with that I will also resolve to turn them in at the end of each month.

#26 - Since on of my goals of the new year is to work on my finances I am going to try to do a better job setting up a system of keeping all my bills together so I don't forget to pay them. You see I have always been very organized, but over the last year I seem to be a little flustered in my organization, and overwhelmed by all the papers and such that I have. What I really need is a desk so I can organize my bills and such as I get them, and pay them on time. This is going to be a challenge.

#27 - This resolution is to help me stay connected to my adventurous side. I love adventures especially outdoors, however sometimes with my fatigue and such I shy away from those things, for fear that it will use up all my energy (which it often does). But regardless I still want to have adventure, so I am committing to do at least one spontaneous adventuresome activity each month. The first one was this past Sunday - we were on the church family retreat and everyone was outside playing, so I decided to play also - I played football for about 40 minutes (I threw two touchdown passes!!!) Then I ice skated on the pond for a half hour, and then I went tubing for two runs down the hill with 4 middle school girls piled on top of me. Now that my friends is an adventuresome moment!!!

Now for today's resolution....this is the one that I have been avoiding until closer to the end of the month because the longer I wait the longer I get to be a little bit lazy, but here it goes! I have become significantly weaker over the past few months - I even have trouble picking up the bag of dog food. (What a wusss!!!!!) Anyway - I would really like to work on that - so I am committing that each day at some point I will do 20 pushups and 50 sit-ups. My goal is 5 days a week (it is much more realistic than seven days a week!) I will start that tonight.

Now I only have three more resolutions to go - I hope I can think of some good ones between now and then!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I was terrible with my mileage for YL. I am doing MUCH better with this new job. I keep the log in my car and have now made it a habit to mark it whenever I am out and about for work. Now I really count on that reimbursement and love having it!