Monday, December 06, 2010

Advent Awesomeness #7 Tuesday

Yesterday's activity brought back such great memories to look back at how God has used different friends in my life to mold and shape me into the person that I am today. My hope is that I can be that kind of friend to others.

Day #7 – Celebrating Kids/Students– If you have children today is the day to celebrate them! Take time today to do something special for your children. Maybe a note in their lunchbox. Maybe a special dinner. Or a night out with your kids. Let them know today how important they are in your life! One of the things that we have done in years past over our thanksgiving mission trip is to have the parents write a letter of thanksgiving to their children – letting them know why they are thankful for them.

Since I do not have kids of my own – today I am going to write a note to several students of mine from the past that I am so ever grateful for. And the funny part is – some of the students that were the hardest to love have become some of my favorites to this day. Tough love is hard at times, but the end result is so rewarding!

If you don't have any children, find a young person in your church or community that has stood out to you, and drop them a note of encouragement - who knows what a difference your words will make in the life of a young person.

"Remember that the youth are not the church of tomorrow, they are the church of today!"

Below you will see just a few of the many kids that I have been blessed to work with that I believe will make a mark on our world! There are so many more than these pictured but these are just a few of the girls that I have been blessed to work with! Love you girls! And of course I love my guys too! The list of students would be too great to number, and I am sure I would forget a name, but if I have had the joy of working with you - please know that you are loved, prayed for - and remember - "to those who have been given much, much is expected!" To my my kids - be leaders! Let your life point to Christ! I know you will accomplish great things as I know you already have! Love you and miss you all!!!




No comments: