Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Advent Awesomeness #1

As I was sitting and thinking about my blog for today - I was thinking how can I steal a great idea from my husband without copying him...... so this is what I came up with (oh are you wondering his idea - if so then you should check out his blog everyday for the month of December, just click here www.joelsnyder.net) Advent Awesomeness! For each of the 25 days of Advent I am going to blog about an idea to help you celebrate Christ, your faith, and your friendships. So sign up to follow me so you can be sure not to miss one day! Also feel free to pass this along to your friends. I know that you will be encouraged, as well as others.

Before you get started with day one - take some time before the end of the evening to find out the full meaning of Advent.... just to get you started it is a celebration of Jesus Birth and the anticipation of his return.

Day One - Through out the next twenty five days I challenge you to read your bible daily. Maybe you want to focus on a specific book of the Bible, maybe you want to focus soley on the Christmas story which is located in Matthew 1 & 2, Luke 1 & 2, you could even read a book of the bible that has 24 or 25 chapters Luke, Joshua, 2 Samuel, or one that actually has 25 chapters is 2 Kings.

We should always be reading our Bible however if you are anything like me, there are times that we forget, don't make time, or in all honesty choose something that seems to be more exciting at the time.

Will you like me commit to reading a chapter a day for the season of Advent in Celebration of our Savior? If you are going to join me, drop me an email or a message so I can encourage you as you encourage me!


1 comment:

Kim Lydia Style said...

I accept the challenge to deepen my time with Him!