Monday, December 20, 2010

Advent Awesomeness - #21 – Tuesday

Day # 21 – Read a book Day – There are so many great books out there that have Christmas themes to them. One such book that I absolutely love is God Came Near. If you get my newsletter – this book and recommendation will sound familiar. The book is broken up into short chapters, many of which help you to think about the Christmas story from the shoes of someone who was there. It brings the event to life. I also love Christmas Children’s books. There message is directed at kids, however more often than not – they are filled with timely reminders for us big kids (aka adults) So today grab a cup of hot chocolate your favorite blanket and snuggle up by the Christmas tree and read a book together!

One of my favorites is the book called The Crippled Lamb - it makes me cry every time I read it! If it's not in your library - add it today!


No comments: