Thursday, December 02, 2010

Advent Awesomeness #2

Each day before I get to the current day I will take a little review of the past days or celebrate something good that happened….. today I read my chapter that I committed to – but I am not sure Ezekiel is the most joyous book of the bible J

Day 2 – Celebrate a Mentor Day – I have heard that it takes a village to raise a child, but what does it take to raise and adult? It takes a mentor, and encourager, someone who has been where you are and will push you to grow and move past that point. For me it was a woman that lived in Clearfield named Nancy. She was a spiritual mentor for me. She was a woman with a mission! She has the gift of praying for sure and she is one of the most devoted caring Christian women that I have ever met. We would meet together every other week and worked through the book Celebration of Discipline. Nancy made a huge impact on my spiritual walk, who has made an impact on yours? As a way to celebrate your mentor today – send them a handwritten note to let them know the impact that they have made on your life!

No comments: