Friday, December 17, 2010

Advent Awesomeness #17 – Friday

This past week I have had the joy (okay I am lying) of having the winter sinus monster visit my house. With that has come some quality time to lay on the couch and watch some classic Christmas favorites and check out some new classics - one of which was It's a Wonderful Life. I even twittered that I was watching it for the first time and definately recieved some backlash for waiting until age 35 to watch it for the first time - give me some slack folks I grew up in Potter County and got two channels! Anyway - it was great and I am glad I finally got to see it now it is your turn!

Day # 17 – Christmas Classics – what is your favorite Christmas movie classic? Is it something old school like White Christmas or is it a children’s classic such as Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph. Maybe you are into the new Christmas comedies – Elf, or Home Alone 10 (okay so there aren’t ten but there are several). There are tons of great movies out there. A favorite of mine is How the Grinch stole Christmas – not because of the mean Grinch, but because of his transformation. I just love that part – it shows that there is hope for even the grumpiest of people during the holidays all they need is a little love. Have a family night and gather round with a bowl of popcorn and enjoy a night in, who knows maybe it will even snow tonight!

If you aren't able to find a Classic on TV tonight - head out to a local church or school that is having a Christmas program - I am sure you will find one and if you are in the Richfield area - head over to Richfield Mennonite and see our production of the Not So Perfect Nativity at 7pm tonight or 3pm or 7pm tomorrow.



No comments: