Sunday, December 19, 2010

Advent Awesomeness #20 – Monday

Day #19 – Share your Story – What is your favorite Christmas memory? I love to hear the stories of different people as they share their holiday traditions and memories. Send me a message or post a note about your favorite holiday tradition or memory – who knows maybe next year it will be our family’s new tradition.

I am not sure why I always remember those Christmases that are crazy – one year all five of us had chicken poxs at the same time! I am sure that wasn’t a happy memory for my parents. I do remember one year it was getting late into December and we had yet to get a tree – Dad and I would always go and pick out a tree. Well I was getting tired of waiting so I decided to grab a saw out of the shed and headed up on the hill. I walked for a while until I found a nicely shaped tree, cut it down and dragged it down to the house. Once it was up in the house I realized how far apart the branches were – let’s just say once it was decorated it officially looked like a Charlie Brown tree – I took a lot of flack for that – but the next year – my family didn’t wait so long and we went and got a real Christmas tree. Lesson learned the hard way! Yet a great memory was made!



No comments: