Sunday, December 05, 2010

Advent Awesomeness #6 Monday

It’s a new week! For some of you that is a reason in and of itself to celebrate. Part of the season of Advent is about the anticipation of Jesus’ return. Are you anticipating how great it will be when Christ returns and renews and makes all things new!

















In the first picture - Kristin, Jill (my sister), me, Christie, and Jeanne
The next picture, Bonnie, Lori and I
The third picture - Christianna, Jeanne, Abby(one of my students), and Christie.








Day #6 – A Focus on Friendship
– I strongly believe that God did not intend for us to try to do life alone. In fact there are countless scriptures in the Old and New Testament that refer to the need for Good Friends. Who are your good friends? You know the friends that when life seems to fall apart they stick by your side. The kind of friends that just show up to help clean your house when you are sick, because they know you are too stubborn to call. The kind of friends that will sacrifice their time and their finances to help you out.

Today – publicly affirm your friends! Whether it would be through a blog, a facebook post, a phone call, or even a letter if you have no other way to publically affirm them!

I would like to affirm several people that are “friends who stick closer than a brother” – these are the girlfriends that have walked through good times and bad with me and still like me (or at least pretend to J) I have countless friends – but these are a few that stand out.

Kristin W. – Our bike rides, walks, countless talks – you are to this day one of my best friends – though the miles separate us – and life steals our time to talk – you will always remain one of my best friends – I miss you greatly and pray for you often! Every time we talk it seems as though time has stood still.

Christie H. – College would not have been the same without you. You inspire me! Your love for adopting children is a pure reflection of God’s love. Thank you for all the great memories in college and as we continue to walk through adulthood. I hope we can get together soon! You are loved and missed.

Jeanne G. – God’s timing is so perfect and boy did he know that I needed a friend to cry with, to laugh with, and to do life with. You walked through one of my biggest challenges with me with unconditional love and care! I am forever grateful for your love and friendship.

Jacki R.– Seriously – who drives 8 hours for an afternoon visit. Who continues to make calls just to check in on me even when I couldn’t bring myself to answer the phone. You have cried for me and with me. And to this day I still have my comfort blanket and it goes with me to every camp. You have loved me with an everlasting love – thank you!!

Jess J. – It was one of my saddest days in Lewisburg when you left. It felt as though my family was moving. You always made a place for me in your home. You never made me feel like a third wheel. You stretched my eating habits, and you help me learn how many different ways you can use apples from the tree in your backyard. Your friendship is invaluable! Miss you guys! Including Goose!!!!

Meg M. - Since Meg and I both suffer from the disease MS - we were set up by members of our church to get to know each other - in both of our stubbornness, we reluctantly agreed and an amazing yet very beneficial friendship began. It was so nice to talk to someone who really understand and wasn't just trying to be nice. Though I pray and wish for healing for both of our bodies, I am so grateful that I have someone who walks through this with me!








God continues to bless me with great friends here in Richfield as well.

Jess W. – as soon as I move to Richfield – you move away! I will miss doing ministry with you. I appreciate your honesty and transperancy and your encouraging words. Can we do lunch sometime soon.

Lori M. – so glad to be part of your wedding in a flash! That was one of the craziest most fun weeks ever! I am so glad I only had to keep it a secret for a week., much longer and I would have had a really hard time.

Christianna M. - As a member of the Ninevite Wife's club - we both can relate to what it is like to go to a totally unfamiliar place to begin a new life with our husbands. It has been great to have another kindred spirit who understands what I am going through - which brings me to another shout out to Deborah P. - the other member of our fun club!

Bonnie, Brenda, and Amber - a special shout out to you fine ladies - I so miss our Bible study time together, I cherish your friendship - hope we can hang out soon!!!


These are just a few of the many friends that have impacted my life! Please know that whether you are listed above or not – I am blessed and today I celebrate you!!!!

No comments: