Thursday, March 31, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #23

Today our scripture will be short and sweet yet profound....

Phillipians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"


I love the simplicity of this verse, but more importantly I love the meaning... in order to know what it means, let's look at what it doesn't mean.... I doesn't mean that we will have super powers, it doesn't mean that we will get everything we want, it doesn't mean we won't have problems.  What it means is that Christ walks through life with us and promises never to leave us - our strength comes from him.

I used to write this verse on the hand of one of my basketball players before every game.  It is just such a good reminder - not only is God my strength but I need to remember that I am representing Him when I step out on that court.

No comments: