Saturday, March 19, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #11

I was up early this morning - and I will be honest - I wasn't too happy about it - I had a bad attitude and I felt crappy, and I had to go to the church to lead worship - let's just say I didn't have the right mindset and my heart was not in the right place.  As I was sitting there I asked God to give me a soft heart and prepare me to lead.  Then a pastor got up and shared this classic verse.

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it"


I was immediately convicted!  I didn't start my day off giving it to God, and you could tell!  How often do we wake up and grumble about the days activities that lie ahead of us - instead we need to start the day reciting this verse and giving the day to God, because after all - it is his day!

My challenge to you today is for the next week - say this verse first thing when you get up in the morning - see how it changes your attitude towards that day ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG...this is one of my favorite verses..and you are so right..start your day with this verse>.the attitude changes..