Thursday, March 10, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #2

Our verse for today comes from Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."


I love the Psalms because they are just honest, heartfelt cries out to God, mostly from David but some others as well.


This verse is a longing to know God's path for your life.  Have you thought about that - do you long to know where he wants you?  It can be a scary thing to long for and pray for - because I think as Christians we have a fear that he might send us somewhere uncomfortable.  I know that from experience - it is hard to trust God and leave a place that is safe and familiar for a new place - but God is so faithful we need to trust him in that.


It also talks about being guided in truth - the truth is in God's word - if we aren't in his word how can we know truth and how can we know his will.  When was the last time you studied God's word?  I am guilty of not doing that enough!  


So today I challenge you to get into the Word of God - long for truth and knowledge!

No comments: