Friday, March 25, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #17

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope and pray that this scripture this morning will encourage you in your journey with the Lord.

Jeremiah 29:11


"For I know the plans you have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This verse brings back a great memory of my time in Africa.  While in Kenya for a month we worked with a group of street boys that were taken off the streets and given a home in the bush called the Taraja Home.  These boys had seen and experienced more in their short live than I could ever have imagined.  They had very little material possessions, many only had one shoe - but for them it was great because they could kick better in "football" aka soccer.  Upon meeting these boys they would introduce themselves and say my name is Steven Embogo and I love Jesus!  These boys lived out faith in a way that I had never experienced.

This verse that I am using today is a verse that many of the boys had memorized and during their chapel times they would stand together and recite it - believing and trusting that God trully did have an amazing plan for their lives.  They had nothing but in Christ they had everything - we have everything but in the midst of that I think we forget Christ.... where are your priorities today?

No comments: