Friday, March 25, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #16

Good morning friends!  This is the scripture verse for yesterday, it is just appearing today.  As I was opening up my Bible this morning this verse popped out to me.  Hope you find a challenge and encouragement from it today.

Psalm 86:17


"Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, O Lord, have helped me and comforted me"

Do you believe that God is good?  Do you believe that God still shows Himself to us and to others?  How often to we pray for God to show himself not just to us but to others, maybe others that critise us and God.  We need to pray that God would show his goodness to the world around us.  I struggle doing this at times because I feel there can be a fine line between asking God to show himself and testing God.  Ask God to show himself to someone today - but then don't be amazed when He does it - I end with this quote by Louie Giglio - "We, so often, expect the usual, while claiming our God is supernatural!"

No comments: