Friday, June 13, 2008

Surprise Parties


Do you know how hard one person has to work to throw a surprise party for a farmer....really hard, in fact, I moved the party 5 different times in less than 3 hours. It was crazy, I had to lie - a lot, I had to involve the parents, I even had to beg the birthday guy to come help me move a desk, so finally around 9pm - Erik shows up in his dirty clothes tired and ready to help me out just to find my dining room filled with people that wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday. You see we couldn't cancel or postpone the party because I had already made him a cake! This was one cake I did not want to cut. I was so proud of myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool cake! my nephew would have been proud!

Anonymous said...

Jana....you outdid yourself on the cake. You didn't tell me how talented you are with cake decorating. You are now hired to decorate all my birthday cakes for the kids... since my friend no longer does them. Just warning you... Jenna's birtday is September 6. Be ready!!!! Seriously, the cake looks great. Melanie

Ashley said...

WOW!!! You are soooo good! Move over Rachael Ray!