Monday, June 16, 2008

My three Dads


In honor of Father's Day I thought that I would do a little tribute to my Dads. You may be thinking to yourself - Dads I didn't know Jana had more than one dad...I do ....I actually have three....I will explain I promise.

First is my Dad - the man that I call Dad...the guy that changed my diapers...(at least I think he did) the one that let me cuddle up on his lap when I was cold (big guys are great for that) I remember him giving me M & Ms when I got my stitches out. He is a great man...he has overcome many obstacles in his life and he has become an even better dad through each one. During this past year we had a huge scare...my dad was life flighted to the hospital with a massive heart attack, it didn't look good, but by the grace of God, he made it through - he has lost 75 pounds and looks and acts like a brand new man - I hardly recognize him when I see him. I love my dad! I long for his approval (too much so sometimes) but I am proud to be his little girl and I am honored to be called Charlie! (The picture is from Christmas 2006)


My next dad - is my father. By defination the father is the one who is the male that had a role in creating you. That is my birth father. I do not have a name for this man, I don't have a picture of this man, however I do know a few things. I know that he was tall...6'3, I know that he has blue eyes and blonde hair, I know that he is around 51 year old. He has fair skin, has a slim build, and was very intelligent. From these facts I am assuming that I got my big feet and big hands from him, my blonde hair from him. But everything else must be from my mom since I am not tall, I have brown eyes, and I am dark complected and I am not very intelligent (just normal intelligence). As I said before - I don't know him, but I do love him, and I pray for him - thanks for chosing life!

And lastly but most importantly - my Abba Father...God - our show yesterday Get Real with Dave and Jana featured the topic Abba Father and it was about God's longing to have an intimate relationship with him. Abba is translated - Daddy - which is a very intimate relational term. It is a reminder of how much God the Father loves us and desires to have a relationship with us, he longs to comfort us, to shine his love through us, and to give hope to us. That is what he has done for me over this past year. He has given me hope, when I have been overwhelmed by life. He has given me comfort in the midst of the challenges of MS, and he has given me peace in knowing that my identity is in him and not the things that I can or can not do. Abba Father - thank you for loving me despite all my weaknesses, I am blessed to be called your child.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Too bad we don't live closer! I would so book you to speak at some of our adoption events. This post was beautiful - I loved it!