Saturday, February 02, 2008

I miss coaching!!

So today I had the priviledge of coaching a JV Basketball game. I haven't coached a basketball game in two years and the "real" coach wasn't able to make it so they asked me if I would be willing to help out - well of course I can't pass up an opportunity to coach basketball for a night. I have to admit - I was a little nervous - I really wanted to be prepared and I didn't even know who played what position and what plays they were running....and for a person that likes to be in control I was a bit out of my comfort zone, but it was just like riding a bike - it felt just like old times and I loved it - I was so energized by interacting with the girls and I had a blast. And on top of all we even won!!! After the game the girls told me how much they loved having me as their coach - it was so cool - I felt so loved!! Then later I had a couple parents come up to me and say thank you for coaching the girls - it was such a good experience - but to be honest you don't realize how much you miss something until you experience it again. I really miss it! At least I can say that I am undefeated as a basketball coach this year.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is soooo awesome!