Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Dear Friends!!!

I just have to take a moment to say thank you to God for friends and that is something that I just don't do enough. Today has been a great reminder of that. God has blessed me with great friends all over the country. Some right here in Lewisburg, although it took me quite a long time to find some of them. I have great friends who once lived here but are now gone - a shout out to Goose, my favorite "cousin" dog and his parents. Though many miles apart, I think of them often and they are always faithful to call and even visit when they need a little PA fix. I miss them, but so cherish all the great memories, watching movies, knee surgeries, and definately apple everything!

There is the Goodman family - the quads are now two - I can hardly believe it - my memory of them is 2 am bottle feedings, lots of meds, lots of laughter and lots of tears. I don't think my prayer life will ever be the same because of this family. Oklahoma is really far away but I hope that I will be able to visit at some point.

There are my camp friends - no matter how long it goes in between our time of talking - camp memories live on and those friendships will always remain dear to my heart even if it has been years since we have talked. Facebook has been a great thing for finding those long lost camp friends. How cool to chat with someone that you haven't seen or lost contact with for over 10 years. Since I worked at 3 camps I seem to have a multitude of friends all over the world. I wonder if I know of someone in all 50 states. I should check into that!

My local friends....it is hard to believe that I have only known most of you for the last 18 months. It seems as though we have been friends forever. I can't believe how much has changed in just the short time that we have known each other. Marriages (congrats on the most recent - Josh and Christy) relationships, babies, houses, diagnoses, you know ... pretty much everything. I cherish the fact that you have been by my side through this challenging time of my life. I am a different person because of your love and your influence. Thanks for being Christ to me, thanks for loving me even on my bad days when I know that I am hard to love. You have been a great example of what it means to be a rock. Thanks for giving me the freedom to be independant but yet be willing to help me when I just can't do it by myself no matter how stubborn I am.

My college friends - it seems as though I knew a lot of people at Messiah and a lot of people knew me but only a few would I say really knew me (I seem to be good at keeping my distance) Anyway - those friends that saw through that and loved me anyway - I am so grateful to you. To my professors who inviting me in to be a part of their family, I cherish those memories and that care you showed for me. To Casey in the athletic office, you gave me so many laughs I can't help but smile when I think about the delicate flower and the porcelien doll, and best yet the payroll nazi!!! Christie - I miss you so much, I am praying for you as you wait and wait longer to get Ila - I am thrilled to know that you are adopting, I can't wait to be her special adoption Aunt (pronounced Awnt!)

Now for the group of people that are the main reason that I thought to write this email. My Clearfield Friends. Wow - my five years in Clearfield were filled with challenges, from teaching, relationships, hardships, and blessings. I miss my Clearfield friends - I wish that I could see them more however, it seems to take so much energy to plan trips it is so hard to see everyone. I wish I was Omnipresent like God in times like this (just kidding)!! Anyway - I was just thinking as I was planning my two day visit to Clearfield...how am I going to get to see everyone that I would like to see, but at the same time take care of myself and not run my body into the ground which I was nicely warned against by my doctor. So today I was talking to my friend Sylvia (who I think might just fit my definition of my need for an Eli - more about that later) Anyway she suggested that I might have a central location to get together with everyone - to have them come to me, so I could see everyone and not have to worry about running myself raggid. So I get to my office about 20 minutes later and there in my email is a message from one of my favorite families ever - The Shaffners telling me they would love to host a get-together for me - to dream big - to just let them know what I needed or wanted and they would make it happen.....WOW - is God amazing or what I never said a word to them about what my friend had suggested and there it was right in front of me. I am so blessed, although it has been over a year and a half since I have seen them I know that I am loved by them and I cherish them and their gift of solitude. When I go there, their peacefulness resinates in my life. Their friendship is a great gift that I cherish with all my heart.

So now that I have ranted and raved about my friends I guess I should probably take advantage of the snow day and get some cleaning (or should I say reading up since I am in Central PA). If you are a friend that is reading this - thank you for what you have done to shape my life. If you are a stranger, take time to tell your friends thanks, and if you are anyone else...well then that is just weird because in my book you should be able to fit into one of those two categories!! Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

awwwww...and you have been a great friend to many as well!