Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thoughts from the NYWC day 1.5

Okay so if I was an avid bloger like my friends I would be blogging every spare minute of the day to keep you updated on the conference, however since I am more of a doer than a typer I have found the my days are so full with responsibilities that I hardly have time to rest, let alone blog. So now I sit here with a few minutes to spare, being very frustrated that I couldn't take a nap because my fatigue meds actually keep me from napping but not from being tired.

Anyway - it has been a great ride so far and I would love to be creative with this blog but I am not sure I still have the brain capacity to do so, but I will try

Here is the top 5 things that have stuck out to me so far.

5. It is fun pretending that I am kind of important - I get a free breakfast and I get to realize how real the speakers and the presenters are - it is rather refreshing.
4. It is very odd to listen to someone in the next stall in the bathroom talking on the cell phone while you are releaving yourself - Ackward!!!
3. The Affinity group idea is a big success and I am excited to see how they continue to flesh out.
2. Tony Dungy and I do have a lot in common - we are both coaches, you know!
1. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at two 30 year old guys as they slapped each others bear flesh as they did the announcements....maybe it is funnier since I have gotten to know Josh a little, but maybe it is funny because it reminds me of Middle School boys...who knows!

I am sure that I will have a new top 5 tomorrow....until then I am going to keep myself busy, while still trying to take time to rest!

2 comments:

jhack said...

sounds like you're having fun!

Ashley said...

How did the rest of it go?