Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Advent Adventure Day #7

It's the most wonderful time of the year..... is the song playing in your head yet?  I love Christmas Carols - I do usually hold off until Thanksgiving to listen to the publicly however they go through my head as soon as I see the first sign of Christmas and/or winter (whichever comes first).

If I wasn't so shy (I know hard to believe but true) I would just go to random houses and go caroling by myself since it does seem to be a challenge to get people together.  So last year I came up with an idea called Phone Caroling - I got a few of my girls from Crux together and we called a dear friend of mine who is also in Youth Ministry - Stephanie Caro.  The answering machine picked up and after the tone we sang our rendition of Silent Night.

Well just last week - that same group of girls quickly reminded me that it was time again for our phone caroling call to my friend Stephanie - so the only quiet place to make the call was the bathroom at the church so off we went and as people came in they joined in the singing of Joy to the World.  The girls were thrilled and Stephanie was blessed!

Who can you bless today by doing a little phone caroling?  It is so easy all you need is a phone and a joyful noise!

No comments: