Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Adventure Day #13

Just the other day I finally got out my Christmas nativity.  Despite the dog knocking off the shepherd and breaking his arm (which my mother in law fixed) it finally found a new home instead of being scattered all over my living room.

There is something majestic about the Christmas nativity.... it is so peaceful to look at.  Joel's mom collects them and she has close to 200 different renditions of the nativity.  But there is another part of me that each year when I put of my nativity I realize that this is not anything close to what it looked like that day Jesus was born.

So for our Advent Adventure today - check out this video we showing at CRUX a couple weeks ago - I think they did a great job revealing the myths behind the nativity.  Hope you enjoy it and though I know my nativity is a bit commercialized and does not show the exact picture of his birth - I still love to look at it and display it as a reminder of His coming to the earth as a baby.


No comments: