Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Countdown to 40 - Confessions, Life Lessons, and Memory Sessions #40 & #39

The idea came to my head yesterday, as I was thinking - wow - I am soon going to be 40 years old.... have I really had that many birthdays?  I was thinking back to different places I have been when I have celebrated my birthday.... and it got me thinking... how life changes and how I have learned so much through these years.  

Though it is really only 37 days to go... this gets the point across :)

One of my favorite quotes is from Beth Moore "She says you can't have your destiny without your history" - I love that and it is so true so the next 37 days will be a reflection on my history.... which has molded and shaped me for my destiny.  Since I didn't get this started forty days before my birthday, I am having to do larger posts  the next few days to catch up and stay on track to get all my posts in before my 40th Birthday!  

#40 - Confession - Parenting is the Hardest Job I have ever had!  But it is my favorite!  It is hard to believe how much I have learned over the past three years as a parent.  It has definitely opened my eyes to understand better God's love for me (though my finite mind, will never fully understand His infinite love!).  There are so many expert opinions coming at you daily about how to raise your child, and it is easy to feel as though you are failing, however I have learned that sometimes you have to do what you have to do just to get by.  All those things that you say you will never do as a parent, yet in desperation you find yourself doing just that thing as you just need to survive.... like let your child sleep in your bed.  (As I am typing this my child has crawled up my lap and is wiggling in pure Ella fashion and I am trying to not get frustrated, and now she is crying because Daddy came home without a prize for her, but he got a "prize" for himself aka a diet Pepsi). Discipline is hard!  So hard! But in the midst of all the hard, it is so fun!  I love to see her smile when she is just enjoying life!  I love seeing her covered in dirt (yes its true!) because it means she played hard and enjoyed being outside!  She is the best gift we have ever been given!  I can't imagine our lives without her!
Me and my Bean!


#39 - Confession - Once a teacher, always a teacher!  I can't get it out of my blood.... though it has been several years (more than I want to admit) since I have had my own classroom.... I still have those teacher tendencies in the way I work with students, and even sometimes adults.  I like details and I like to have things organized, especially events.  My students used to say I had a look.... I would get three lines on my forehead when I gave them that look and they knew that I was not joking around!  I think I still get that look at times with my child or group of students when necessary!  I miss teaching - I miss those relationships, but I am so thankful that I am still able to substitute teach and have a temporary classroom which I love!  Some of my type A qualities come directly from my years of teaching and my need for structure.... it is my blessing and my curse I would say.  
Since we are in Romania I don't have my computer with all my pictures... but would love to try to find some pictures for my Clearfield teaching days! 

No comments: