Thursday, June 04, 2015

Countdown to 40 - #34

Now that I am caught up on my countdown, I will be posting just one a day (hopefully!) between now and July 8th.  I must admit it has been pretty fun to sit and think about all the lessons, confessions, and memories from the past forty years.  I hope you will also be encouraged to take some time to look back over your life to see what you have learned and the great memories you have made.

#34 - Lesson Learned - I am not a Tom Boy - I am a tough girl....  growing up I always loved hanging out the the guys, playing in the dirt, enjoying the great outdoors, and I loved sports - so as you could imagine I was told many times that I was a Tom Boy.... the funny part about that if you think about that is it really doesn't make sense - a Tom boy would to me be a boy - if it was a girl that acted like a boy shouldn't it be called a Jane Boy or something like that?  An
Fun dressing up three days in a row, make-up, hair-dos, and high heels!  

My tough girl side 

yway - as much as I loved to play and enjoy the outside, and maybe was a bit more agressive than some of the other girls, I still loved being girlie!  I wanted to have a few pretty dresses in my closet for those occasions I could dress up. Though I am very low maintenance and  rarely wear make-up I still love the times that I can dress up and spend some time putting on make-up and having my hair done.  I am a girl!  God made me that way and I so thankful!
Created to be daughter's of the King

I may not love the color pink - though I must confess that it is growing on me have a little girl who loves it and looks super cute in it..... but that doesn't make me less of a girl.  I don't spend hours getting ready to leave the house.... I am happy with five minutes to get ready.  It is doesn't make me a Tom Boy or less of a girl!  I just would rather spend my time doing other things.  I am a tough girl!  I always have been.... maybe that's what happens when you grow up with three brothers, or maybe it is growing up as a Potter County girl!  Anyway you look at it.... God made me a woman of worth, and though I may be a tough on the exterior I am still fragile and delicate on the inside just as God created me.  So I guess for me... I am not a fan of the term "Tom Boy" but I will thrive with the description Tough Girl - and that is my hope for my little girl.... that she can run around playing in the dirt while wearing her crown and her Tutu!  All girl with a bit of tough to go along with it!
Daddy's little princess

My little tough girl!

1 comment:

jhack said...

LOVE seeing the two pictures of Ella at the end showing how God allows beauty, resilience and a myriad of other traits to unite in each of us...no one title defines us perfectly except for "daughter of the King". Perfect end to your lesson!