Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tony Dungy


Yes...it is true..I got to interview Tony Dungy this week. I believe this makes me one step closer to being famous....not that I actually want to be famous, but it is fun to joke about it. We interviewed him for our show Get Real. The interview will air Oct. 6th (which just so you know happens to be Tony's birthday). I must say that the weirdest part about the whole interview was that I didn't know what to call him....was I allowed to call him Tony, should I call him Coach Dungy or Mr. Dungy...it was a hard decision, so I didn't refer to him as anything.

The best part of the story though, was probably not the actual interview although that was amazing and Tony has a great deal of integrity and I was blessed to be able to talk to him. The best part of the story was actually getting to the radio station. I had decided to go for a long training walk and take my puppy Tucker with me. We walked about 7 miles and we were about a mile or so away from my house, when I thought I better ask this woman what time it is. She said 11:30 and in panic I pulled on the leash and said run Tucker. We ran the rest of the way home (btw I have not run in about 10 months) as we were approaching my house, I had a horrible relization that I did not have a car at my house nor did I have my phone with me. I ran into my house and called my collegue and said - I have no car come and get me....he was worried because I was trying to catch my breath and I just didn't want to miss the interview, once he realized that I was okay he laughed and headed to pick me up... good thing this was radio because I looked awful...gross...smelly...sweaty...and best yet I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet. Good thing Coach Dungy didn't have to see me - that would have been a little embarrassing!

3 comments:

Joel Snyder said...

YOU INTERVIEWED TONY DUNGY!!!!!!!!! You are the coolest person I know. I love the Colts and love what He has done there, spiritually. I am sinning right now because I am soooooooo jealous.

chrissie k said...

pretty cool blog, jana! matt'll be jealous too, that you got to talk to Dungy. hope you are well.

Ashley said...

What a cool opportunity! How fun that you are in radio!