Monday, October 01, 2007

My favorite tree!

You want to know what makes me mad...well maybe you don't but I am going to say it anyway...we had a big storm on Thursday of last week. And in the wind of the storm my tree decided to split in half and fall over, but the funny part is that it was my favorite tree - it was young and vibrant (so I thought) and not the tree that I have distain for (that would be the tree that was right next to it, the tree that I have been wanting to remove since I moved in to my house) Instead - the tree that I love is now going to have to be cut down.....that makes me so sad.

Okay so enough about my trees - that was just the beginning of the craziness. And I don't feel like going into details so here is the long and the short of it.

Friday - went to a wedding in Rochester - it was really nice - Congrats Michelle and Adrian! On the way home we looked for a hotel so we could go hiking - there was no room in the Inn or anyplace for that matter, so as we drove, I got a call...my dad was being taken to the hospital again. So back home I came!

He was transferred to Sayre after being stabilized. I stayed at my house because of the orders I recieved from my mom. He was taken to the ICU with an infection and a few other less serious but annoying problems - hives all over.

So when I came home I realized that my basement was leaking under my tub, my dryer had died, and I got four bills from the hospital, ahhhhhhhhhhH!!!!!!!

Stress!! That has been my month - every time I think that things are going to be less stressful - wamo! (Is that a word, if not it is now!)

So now I am getting ready for bed, it is Monday and it has been an uneventful day - thank the Lord (really) I even had a chance to spend some time out in creation - I ran! That is a miracle in and of itself.

Now that I have rambled, I guess that means it is time for bed!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow - soooo stressful! I'm sorry about all this craziness.

Andi said...

Jana,
I'm praying that things get a bit less stressful.

I just had another friend tell me of similar woes, and I wonder why we don't all band together and live on a commune somewhere - preferably with someone who can repair household appliances. I say this as my toilet goes unflushable for week Number two. (I do have a back-up, so no one be too grossed out.)
A

Denny and Sue said...

I can totally relate to your mourning the tree. When we moved to the mountain, I had many favorite trees out of the thousands, and all but one of them are gone due to disease, wind, ice, incompetent loggers.... Den just cut down the last of the white birches. I've mourned the loss of some trees more than some people. I feel guilt about this from time to time.

Sue