Thursday, September 06, 2007

When it rains it pours!

So this has been a crazy week.... Wednesday morning I received a call from my mom that my dad had been life-flighted to a hospital in Sayre. He had a massive heart attack. So I fed my kids their Wednesday breakfast and tied up a few loose ends at work and headed up to the hospital, because my mom was alone. When I got there my sister was also there which I was very thankful for. So we sat and waited.... the surgery was supposed to take 2.5 hours, and time seemed to be going very slowly as we sat and watched the clock. About 6 hours later, the surgeon came out and met with us. It was much more complicated than they expected and much more serious than a triple bipass. The doctor said that she couldn't believe that he didn't have major problems sooner.

After he was out of recovery my mom got to see him about 5 minutes later she returned and was crying - he looked awful and he got so upset when she talked to him and he would not stay still and tried to talk but he had tubes in his throat.

Needless to say Jill and I did not get to see him Wednesday. So my mom and I stayed up there and Jill went home and came back on Thursday with her husband. My sister in law Jen also came up and we all got to see him. Mom said he looked better, but it was very hard to see him and walk through the ICU. He couldn't talk since he had the tubes in his throat, but he did squeeze my hand.... I wanted to cry but I felt that I needed to be strong.

On my way up to the hospital I was thinking about all the different scenerios and that made me a wreck, I am so thankful he made it through! It is going to be a long recovery, but we will take one day at a time.

So for now I am going to be making several trips to Sayre over the next week or two. Wow how things can change in the blink of an eye. I am so thankful I am feeling well enough to make the drive.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

OH MY WORD

I am praying for you a yours!!