Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Part 2: Top Ten Things to do when you get up at 3:30 in the morning


Well it seems as though I really enjoy getting up early..... okay not really, in fact I hate it. But hey if you have to suffer by being awake you may as well make the best of it. So here is my top ten list of things to do when you wake up at 3:30am.

10. Put on my night vision goggles and explore the neighborhood
9. Jog two miles with my puppy Tucker in two, the whole time wondering where he is because he is black and I can't see him since I lost my night vision goggles during exploration.
8. Coughed up a lung or two due to the large mass of flem that does not seem to want to leave my body.
7. Had a knock down, drag out fight with a fever...sad to say, but I think the fever won! At least for a couple hours (I actually think that it just broke...since I am now removing the twenty blankets and sweatshirts that I put on because I was shivering so badly.
6. I picked tomatoes at my neighbors house, they told me if I ever needed anything not to hesitate, so I just went for it.
5. Practice singing songs for my concert on Saturday night, the volume didn't seem to be a problem or wake my roommate since I have no voice at all.
4. Make new friends on myspace and facebook, you know the scary ones that stay up all night and stalk people....yeah those ones. You know someone has to befriend them.
3. Played catch with Tucker in the living room to try to get him from barking and waking up Erin.
2. Finished the last episode of season one of the Gilmore Girls.....I think that I am hooked. (Thanks Kathy - what a great gift to enjoy while sitting on the couch.
1. Making up a top ten list filled with truths and lies to see if anyone actually reads my blog and then if they do to see if anyone actually can figure out which ones are true and which ones are false.

Good luck - may the force be with you, hahahaha as you play my little game of what is true and what is a lie!!! Oh wait just for kicks I am going to add a picture, don't worry this is what I am going to do next time I am up in the middle of the night. Okay maybe not, but this is what my boy's do for fun when it rains on a mission trip - it is called Devistation.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Hi Jana Grant! Thanks for alerting me to your online presence. I will look forward to reading your archives to see what you have been up to! Feel free to do the same with mine! :-)

Denny and Sue said...

hey jana! not 10 minutes ago i wrote to paul to ask for your email, the checked our blog and saw YOU there. wow! blessing! know you are in our prayers. we won't be down this weekend :-( you are welcome at the "campground" anytime... we have a new hot tub that has a seat with your name on it, and the squirrels are looking for you too. ha much love, sue ps what is your email?

Andi said...

In my opinion, the only one that I care about being true is the Gilmore Girls one, because I've seen every episode except for last season (and I even watched the highlights from that online).

But I like the idea of picking your neighbor's tomatoes.

Here's to a solid night's sleep.

Ashley said...

i am sooo jealous that you have a puppy! and what a cute name.

I hope that roaming your neighborhood in night vision goggles is true. that would be waaaaay fun.:-) hehehe