Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lent Photo a Day - Day 2

 
Today the word is “Return” – using the verse from Luke 4:1-2 “Jesus full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil.  He ate nothing at all during those days, and when they were over, he was famished”  It asked you if there is something that you are returning or turning away from…. Well I at first I started thinking about all the things in my life that I need to work on and turn away from gossip and turn away from negative emotions and thoughts, but then I went back to the word of the day and began to think about what I need to return.  I left for school with that thought in my mind wondering what on earth would I take a picture of – what did I need to return. 

As I was sitting here in class as my kids were doing their work I decided that since it was Valentine’s day I would write a letter to my little Ella bean.  So I did, and as I was closing the letter, I was writing how I needed to be reminded each day that she is not mine, but a gift from the Lord and return her and trust her into his care each and every day…. There it was RETURN – Ella – I have to give her back to God daily so I don’t freak out about every little thing and worry if she is going to be okay – God created her, and she is just on loan to us – she is His and daily I must return her into His care!  He will take care of her! 



No comments: