Friday, February 15, 2013

Lent - Photo a Day - Day 1 - Who am I?


There is site called RethinkChurch.com – and this year for Lent they are asking people who would like to participate to take a photo a day to represent one phrase or word connected with lent.  Since I was sick yesterday I didn’t get a chance to blog by I did take a photo yesterday.  The phrase was Who am I?  When I thought of the phrase I immediately began to sing the old Point of Grace Song – Who am I, that you would love me so gently, who am I, that you would recognize my name, who am I that you would speak to me so softly, conversation with the Lord Most High, who am I? 

I began to think of what images reminds me of who I am in the eyes of God…. I thought about a lump of formless clay (but I didn’t have any available to take a picture of) so I began to think about how God sees me, as a child.  That image kept coming to my mind all day long.  And as many of you know if you have been following my blog, I recently met my birthmother and just yesterday had the privilege of meeting my half sister for the first time.  What a great reunion of which I will write more later, but while I was there she gave me a gift from my mother, Nancy…. It was a beautiful gold mother daughter necklace with our birthstones in it.  It seemed to be a perfect symbol of who I am…. I am mother of my little girl Ella and to one who was lost to miscarriage…. And I am a daughter, a daughter of Nancy, a daughter of Lynn, a daughter of Eleanor, but most importantly a daughter of the King!  So I took my first picture of my new necklace as a picture of the phrase – WHO AM I?

No comments: