Friday, April 15, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #33

Happy Friday!  It's the weekend and today was a beautiful day!  Thankful for the sunshine and a little time to go for a walk with the dog and just enjoy the beauty of God's creation!

The scripture for today come from


Romans 13:6-7 (New International Version, ©2011)


 6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

This was the verse of the day from biblegateway.com - which is a great resource for looking up scripture.  Anyway I think it is an appropriate verse for today which is typically tax day - although this year they moved it to Monday.  But so often I complain about having to pay taxes and bills and such.  But the reality is that we are called as Christians to honor and respect the government and its taxes.  Though I am not a fan I know there is a purpose and I have to pay them so I might as well pay them without complaining!


No comments: