Thursday, April 07, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #29

Happy Thursday everyone.  I hope you are able to enjoy a little time in God's word today as we approach the Easter holiday.  I was skimming through my facebook this morning and found these verses as someone's status and thought it was a great scripture for the day.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire other than you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26




I wish I could say that this is true for my life - that I don't desire anything but God.  I find myself all too often getting caught up in what I want and not getting caught up in God himself.  Or sometimes I do get caught up wondering what it is that God wants....which sounds like a good thing but at the same time I miss out on knowing God.  There is a difference between wanting to know God's will for your life and wanting to know God himself.  I pray today that you will long to know God himself!



No comments: