Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Forty Days of Lent - Day #32

Happy Rainy Wednesday everyone!  Joel keeps reminding me that April showers bring May flowers - well I am ready for those flowers for sure!

Our scripture this morning comes from Lamentations.... maybe not a book you spend a lot of time reading but this scripture stuck out to me.

Lamentations 3:55-58


"I called on your name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit.  You heard my plea: Do not close your ears to my cry for relief.  You came near when I called you and you said, "Do not fear.  O Lord you took up my case; you redeemed my life."

Isn't it encouraging to know that when we are down and out (let's just say we are lamenting) that God hears our cries.  But not only does he hear them, he does something about them, and redeems us in the process.  I know there have been times where I felt as though I was crying out but God was not hearing my cry.  Then I am reminded that he hears my cry, and cares for me - but it may not always be how I think he should - therefore it feels as though I am alone or he has abandoned me.  He promises never to leave me nor forsake me!   And my God is a God who fulfills his promises!!!!

No comments: