Monday, March 31, 2008

My Kids all grown up


This weekend I went to OCMD for Impact with a bunch of my kids and leaders and it was an amazing weekend. I will definately blog more about it later, but today I want to write about my kids....the ones that have grown up and moved on. I think one of my greatest joys as a teacher and a youth director is seeing my kids all grown up and living their lives for Christ, seeking to serve Him with their whole beings. This weekend I three of my four leaders were previous students of mine. And to watch them interact with the kids and share the love of Christ with them was awesome.

In my last blog I wrote about Braedon and Jordan, they were both members of our youth group, they both now serve as leaders here at the church and with Young Life. Braedon will soon be leaving and heading out to do full time missions.

Also on the trip was my girl, Abby. She was one of my students when I taught and coached in Clearfield. She is now all grown up and is serving as an Interim Area Director for Young Life in Dover, DE. It is amazing to see how God is using her and stretching her in her faith.

I guess this is what it feels like to be a parent when your child does something really cool, and you are so proud of them. That is how I feel when I think that God allowed me to a part of the spiritual growth of these "kids" that are now adults.

2 comments:

jhack said...

you girls are so adorable. i love you guys.

Ashley said...

what a cute pic!! what a compliment to you too for your perserverance in doing what god has entrusted to you.