Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Christmas Series #5 - I Celebrate the Day

A few days ago I asked a group of my Youth Ministry friends to share their favorite Christmas songs.... this song came up numerous times thanks to my friends David Nicodemus and Wayne Yeager!

The song starts almost with a confession that it is once again Christmas and I feel as though I am not as far in my spiritual journey that I had planned to be when the new year began.... boy can I relate to that.  Each year I say I am going to read my bible I am going to pray more, and always feel as though I fail miserably.... then a change of focus, the singer takes his eyes off himself and his failures and begins to ask the question - "the first time that you opened your eyes, did you realize that you would be my savior"  To think of Jesus thinking of me even as a infant... is it possible - I am sure not by human standards (though it is always interesting to wonder what infants are thinking about when you sit and rock them) but by God standards all things are possible - even an infant God thinking of even me.

Praising God that he was born to die just for me!  Do you know about that love and sacrifice?  If not, this year at Christmas would be a great time to receive the greatest gift!  Eternal life through a relationship with Jesus Christ.



And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be

And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever

And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here

To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life

No comments: