Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A venting moment

So I have been avoiding blogging a bit this week, because I didn't really have anything good to say. Then I realized that it is my blog so I can pretty much write about what I want, I just have to do it in a way that does not reveal names or confidential information. This week I can honestly say that I do not enjoy coaching...in fact had you asked me yesterday I would have used the "hate" word. My doctors told me that stress is not good for me, that I need to rest more and reduce my hours. Yet I used to love coaching...in fact it gave me energy...I loved working with the kids, I loved giving them instruction and encouragement. This week I have felt the opposite. I feel as though I have been beaten up, all for the sake of trying to love kids and teach them the importance of structure, and respect.

I actually don't care whether we win or lose (it is kinda fun to win sometimes) I just want to have a nice group of guys that care about the sport, that care about each other, and that show respect for what their coaches. Maybe this is just a faze for me and I will change my mind later, but I just don't know how long I can continue to coach when it makes be feel so beat up.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ugh, I can SO identify. I had the worst time coaching this year. I mean, it was really bad. Hope it got better for you...