Monday, April 14, 2008

Oh Victory!




I finished the walk - wow a whole four miles - I am so proud of myself. Okay I guess I am being a bit sarcastic...(I am guessing that surprises many of you!) I am glad that I did it, frustrated that I needed my friend to help me through it (thanks Jeanne!) But I guess what frustrates me is that last year I did it and I felt great. This year I was lucky to finish...this is going to sound ridiculous, but my life goal is to run (or complete) a marathon - how am I ever going to be able to do that when I can barely walk four miles! So this is one of those moments I just need to be thankful that I can walk and I am doing as well as I am, and not compare myself to what I used to be, because the past is the past. Anyway - I big thank you to all my friends that walked yesterday! It means so much to me that you were willing to walk, and for my friend Meg - those four miles were for you! Thanks for your support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jana! Congrats on the walk. The Richfield crew knew you could do it!

Kevin

Ashley said...

That is amazing - you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

God have given all of us special things like you who inspire us. I was search for Grip of Grace and found your blog. I felt that I should say that you have amazing friends, family and Labs! God Bless Rodney