Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Branching Out Retreat


It has been a week!!! I didn't know so many crazy things could happen in one week, but if I were to have written any blogs this week, I am not sure they would have been fun to read, so I chose to keep my thoughts to myself. However the highlight of the crazy week was a weekend with my middle school kids. There are a few kids missing from this picture because they had to leave early. However I did where one of their jackets in honor of them. I am just impressed that it fit me. Anyway - we climbed walls, did initiatives, did our second annual mattress jumping contest - with a quartet of boys doing a very bad version of the national anthem. We talked about Risk-Taking Faith - Daniel, Rack, Shack, and Benny. It was a great time with the kids, despite the fact that I could hardly talk...yet God gave me a voice when it came time to doing the lesson! Anyway - it was a great weekend! I love my kids and their child like faith, they love to sing, they love to pray, and they love to talk about Jesus - I pray that they don't grow out of that - like so many people!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a fun pic - sounds like a great time!