Sunday, June 12, 2011

Barn Quilts

I think I am turning into my mother..... but in this case it is truly an honor.  My mom is a quilter and she has such a gift with fabric, but recently she has taken that gift and used it with wood and has created this beautiful barn quilt for their barn.

If you have never seen a barn quilt before - they are beautiful!  Some places you are even able to take a whole "Barn Quilt tour"  I personally have never been on one however, my mom has lots of pictures.  It is my hope that by next year (or two) we will have our very own barn quilt attached to the back of our little house as a backdrop for our garden.... but until then I will just enjoy being able to go home and visit my family and see my mom's beautiful creation!  And lucky for them - they have another barn which means she is now working on her second barn quilt.

1 comment:

Keri Kemper said...

Breathtaking! Pure Americana!