Friday, June 03, 2011

Babymoon....to Williamsport!

I never heard of a babymoon until recently - basically it is like a honeymoon before the baby comes and you start your new life as parents.  To be honest I thought there was no way we would be able to afford to go anywhere this summer due to me not being able to work very much and all the projects (such as the nursery) that we have going on at home.

Also due to the high risk factors in my pregnancy it has been suggested that we don't wonder too far from home.  So last week Joel informed me that we would be taking a little trip (a babymoon) to Williamsport.  Three nights away!  I was shocked and to be honest a little surprised that he chose Williamsport, but thrilled.

We are having a great time!  It has been so nice to relax and enjoy some time together.  We have enjoyed lunch with the Sweetings at Haywoods on the River - talk about big sandwiches - I wish I would have taken a photo.  Then we relaxed in the hotel pool which was nice and warm (but don't worry - wasn't too warm)  Then off to Wing Night on the Hiawatha Paddleboat.  Oh and not to forget - I also convinced my hubby to take me for ice cream at Bruester's.

What a great time we are having!  Today we are off to Alabaster Coffee Company (which a friend owns) and then to shop for an outfit for our little girl to come home in from the hospital!  To finish off the day we will to to First Friday which is a downtown late night shoppers and arts festival type thing.  Oh and not to forget dinner at Franco's Lounge!

This little get away was just what I needed!!  So thankful for a husband that loves me and cares for me - he is going to be an awesome dad!!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Yes, what a great husband! Glad you guys have been able to getaway and just relax and enjoy the time together! Enjoy!