Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Patience is not a virtue, it's a thorn in my flesh!

Patience is something that just does not come naturally for me. I, if fact, am horrible at it! I am realizing that more and more each day that our addition just sits there with no changes. As much as I am excited about our new addition, it may be bringing out the worst in me. This is hard for me to admit because it is one of those traits that I possess that I am not very proud of.

Another struggle that I am learning that I have is being unflexible. Okay I am not just learning that is an issue - it has always been an issue - it is just surfacing often during this construction phase. We were told that we could have stairs to basement in this one location, which in my mind was perfect placement, well then there was nothing under our chimney so they had to build a retaining wall - so now our stairs won't fit! A basement should probably have stairs so you don't have to walk all the way around the house. We still have no idea how this problem will be solved (I am assuming our contractor is hunting or something since I haven't seen him in two weeks.) Oh the joys of living in Central PA.

So now what? Good question! I am just trying to override my impatience and trying to be more flexible. It is kinda how life works at times, we are constantly thrown for a loop and we are asked to respond - how will you respond? Today I must choose to respond in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control.....sound familiar - I am going to start over now, asking God to help me to chose to react in a God reflecting way.

Check out this video

No comments: