Sunday, November 07, 2010

Love in every language

Last weekend I had the privilege of spending the weekend with a group of awesome ladies from the Christ Community United Methodist church of Selinsgrove at their fall retreat. It was a great weekend of challenging each in the word to find joy in Unexpected ways. We looked at several different biblical examples of people who walked through trials but came through learning powerful lessons about themselves, others, and most importantly God.

Throughout the weekend I was also able to share my story, the losses, the challenges and the celebrations. One thing we talked about specifically was how our plan and our timing doesn't always match up with God's plan and his timing. I was sharing a bit of my heart ache about our miscarriage this spring. Though I know that God's timing is perfect as is His plan for my life, it does not take away the hurt of losing the baby, but it does give me hope to know that God has something in store for us, because he promises that he will give me a hope and future (jeremiah 29:11)

After sharing my story with these women just before our last session together, they asked to pray for me. As they began to pray, tears came down my face, knowing that God is God and I am not.... several women took turns praying passionate for me, and Joel that God would bless us with a child if he so chooses. Then this woman named No Sue began to pray in Korean - wow - I had been prayed for before, but this was a first, I wish I knew what she prayed for that morning, but it really wasn't important for me to know, but God knew every word she spoke and I was touched by her love and passion (not to mention that she may be one of the funniest ladies I have ever met)

Isn't it cool that we don't need a translator when it comes to God - he hears, speaks, and loves in every language!

No comments: